What is the value of an international diploma in pain management?
- The international diploma in pain management, delivered by the University of Montpellier in France, is established, globally, as a post-graduate Diploma of University (DU).
- Students will be officially registered in the record system of the University of Montpellier from October to June. They will receive an attestation of this registration in addition to a student national number.
- Xavier Capdeveila, the director of this diploma program, and his team are recognized worldwide
What is the difference between certificate & diploma programs?
Considering Certificate & Diploma Programs?
These days everyone is talking about going back to school to advance their careers. And if you don’t have time to do a traditional degree program, getting a diploma or certificate is a great alternative.
Relatively quick and less expensive than a bachelor’s degree, certificates and diplomas can help you train in a specific area or skill that can secure your job, advance your career, and even put some extra dollars in your pocket.
But what’s the difference between the two, and how do you know which is right for you?
While there is a fair amount of overlap between certificate and diploma programs, and with some schools appearing to use the names interchangeably, it can be confusing to differentiate between the two. In general, though, there are a few main differences between certificates and diplomas.
Certification programs are typically specialized in one specific skill or area, which you’ll study and learn in one or two courses. These programs don’t offer a broad overview of a field or industry, and are often a good option for someone who already has a degree or work experience in the field. Let’s say, for example, that you’re an accountant with a bachelor’s degree. You want to get into forensic accounting because it’s a hot new part of the industry, but don’t want to go back to school for another degree. A forensic accounting certification will build on the accounting skills you already have, and teach you the need-to-know basics of forensic accounting.
Diploma programs, on the other hand, tend to be longer and more in-depth. They allow you to study a specific area of specialization and get a good overview of the field, without earning an actual degree.
These comprehensive programs are a great option for someone who wants to make a career change and get into a new field. If you were interested, for example, in a graphic design career, a graphic design diploma program would consist of multiple classes that would teach you fundamentals of graphic design, as well as different computer programs and technologies utilized in that industry.
What does the program consist of?
- 2, 4 days sessions from Dec. 2017 to Feb 2018
- Access to 100 lectures (updated annually)
- 6 days of hands on workshops (A total of 32 hours and more than 40 blocks demonstrated
- 5 days of clinical attendance and block performance with an accredited team (from Korea, Dubai, Bangkok, Montpellier, and other sites)
- A written examination in February 2018
Is the attendance mandatory?
Perhaps in the future some courses will be broadcasted but we are privileging the direct contact between students and teachers.
Who are the professors?
– 40% from Montpellier University. Pr Xavier Capdevila and Pr Eric Viel
– 30% from prestigious universities
- Philippe Macaire -Hanoi
- Wing S Chan Hong-Kong
- Peggy Hong-Kong
- Stanley Lam Hong-Kong
- Rajesh Singh Maysia
- Sean Lin Taiwan
- Chih-Peng Lin Taiwan
– 30% from Korea :
- Sang Hoen, Lee – Korea University
- Dong Whan, Moon – Ex-professors in Seoul St. Mary.s Hospital, Catholic medial Center, Moon pain center
- Kyung Hoon, Min – Cha Medical Center
- Dong Kyu, Lee – Kyeimyung University
- Sang Hoon, Lee – Madi Pain Management Center, Jeonju
- Wiliam Koh – Madi pain management center, Jeju
How is the examination?
- Validation of the clinical attachment
- Written examination of 20 MCQs:
- 20 Q of knowledge
- 8 clinical cases management
- 8 US scans or Radiology images to identify the pathology or to label
- 4 Q of general knowledge and culture in pain management
Can i do my clinical attachment after the written examination?
- Yes, we recommend you to start clinical attachement after written examination, but start before of Jan next year. You will learn a lot during clinical attachment.
- We do not recommend to start before written examination, because you will learn a lot during the conferences and workshops.
What educational material is provided?
- All the slides in PDF one week after the session.
- One booklet of 240 pages.
Do I need to be anesthesiologist to register?
- Any graduated doctor in medicine
Every year there is an Award for the Gold medal and Silver Medal.
How many students per diploma?
- Initially it will be 30 but we will extendto 35 up to one year 40 due to the numbers of students.
- During the workshops 10 students maximum per station.
When can i register for the next batch?
- Until Nov. 15th by sending an e mail to email@example.com mentioning or fill this form:
- First name and name
- City and country
- E mail address
When will you close the registration?
- As soon as the maximal number of students is reached or at least on Nov 15th.
Why the pain diploma is unique?
It is the first and only diploma of interventional Pain medicine in the world established with the friendly complicity of a team of physicians passionate in interventional Pain from France, Canada, Asia, Middle east, and Far Countries.
More and more the pain diseases can be solved by procedures or injections.
Recent findings are confirming these clinical pathways to treat these diseases.
How many students did already attend the Diploma?
- In 2015 it was the 2nd batch for the diploma of Interventional Pain Medicine in Dubai International pain diploma delivered by Montpellier University. They came from from:
- Gulf Countries-Middle East
- Far East Asia
Who are responsible of these programs?
- The Memorandum Of Understanding was signed by Sang Hoon Lee, Chairman of Korean Multidisciplinary Association of Musculoskeletal pain and Pr. Philippe Auge, President of University Motpellier.
- The Founders are :Xavier Capdevila, Eric Viel, Philippe Macaire, and Sang Hoon Lee
- The “In charge” are : For the University of Montpellier : Philippe Auge, Doyen
- For the organisation in Korea : Sang Hoon Lee and Philippe Macaire