What is the value of these diplomas?
Regional Anaesthesia and Analgesia, Intervention Pain Medicine Diploma are delivered by the University of Montpellier France. There are recognized all over the world as Post graduate Diploma of University (DU).
You will have a registration in the records of the University of Montpellier in France from October to June.
You will receive an attestation of this registration with a student national number.
In addition the team of Xavier Capdevila Director of the diploma is world wild known.
How many sessions do I have to attend?
- 4 sessions of 3 days each in January, February, March and April.
- 100 lectures updated every year.
- 8 1/2 days of hands on workshops = 24 hours in total more than 40 blocks demonstrated.
- 5 days of clinical attendance with block performance with an accredited team Hanoi, Seoul, Bangkok, Montpellier and some other sites).
- Written examination in June
Where are the courses and workshops?
- In Hanoi (for International Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia Diploma) and in Seoul (for Interventional Pain Medicine).
- The courses are all in English. It is possible to attend some of the courses in Montpellier, Nice or Marseille but it will be in French.
Is the attendance mandatory?
Perhaps in the future some courses will be broadcasted but we are privileging the direct contact between students and teachers.
How much are the registration fees?
- This is a non profit self founded project under the financial control of Dubai Health Authority and University of Montpellier. This is why the registration fee is very reasonable.
- Registration fee Around 3,000 Euros all included except air tickets and accommodation.
- WSFA sponsored 2 students in 2016 for registration fee, air tickets and accommodation.
- Special discount (30%) for emerging countries (list updated every year available on demand).
Who are the professors?
Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia
- from University of Montpellier
- by visiting professors : Profs Xavier Capdevila and Olivier Choquet and others from the team
- from VinMec in Hanoi
- 20% From Far East Countries and Canada
Interventional Pain Medecine
- from Montpellier University Profs Xavier capdevila and Eric Viel
- from Madi Pain Management Center in Seoul
Can i do my clinical attachment after the written examination?
- Before begin of September
- Not recommended because you will learn a lot during the clinical attachment
What educational material is provided?
- All the slides in PDF one week after the session.
- One booklet of 240 pages for the Diploma of Regional Anaesthesia and Analgesia
Do I need to be anesthesiologist to register?
For Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Anesthesiologist graduated or after 2/3 of the residency program
- Emergency physicians
For interventional Pain
- Any graduated doctor in medicine
How is the examination?
Validation of the clinical attachment
Written examination of 40 MCQs:
- 20 Q of knowledge
- 8 clinical cases management
- 8 US scans or Radiology images to identify the pathology or to label
- 4 Q of general knowledge and culture in pain or regional anesthesia
Every year there is an Award for the Gold medal and Silver medal of each diploma.
In 2015, the Gold medal received a free ticket by Air France from their country of residency to Montpellier with a Free clinical attachment of 5 days with Olivier Choquet.
The Silver medal received an Ipad Wifi 4G by Axa Insurance.
What will be the next diplomas?
- Paediatric Anaesthesia by Universities of Montpellier, Bordeaux and Toulouse. (2017).
- TUSAR National French diploma in US techniques in anaesthesia and intensive care.
- Intensive care and peri operative medicine.
- University Master of Anaesthesia Nurse by the University of Bordeaux (2 years program).
- Breast pathologies with a French Institute of Oncology specialized in Breast.
- Cardiac Valvular diseases with a prestigious French team of cardiac surgery.
How many student per diplomas?
Initially it was 40 but we extended to 44 up to one year 48 due to the numbers of students.
During the workshops 10 students maximum per station.
When can I register for the next batch?
Pre-registation for the International Diploma of regional Anesthesia and Analgesia in Hanoi are open until 15th of October
When the registrations are closed?
As soon as the maximal number of students is reached or at least on October 15th.
Why the pain diploma is unique?
It is the first and only diploma of interventional Pain medicine in the world established with the friendly complicity of a team of physicians passionate in interventional Pain from Canada, France, Middle east, Asia and Far East Countries. More and more the pain diseases can be solved by procedures or injections. Recent findings are confirming these clinical pathways to treat these diseases.
How many students already attended these diplomas?
In 2015 it is the 5th batch for the diploma of regional anaesthesia and analgesia and the 2nd batch for the diploma of interventional pain medicine. Already 286 students from:
- Gulf Countries 60%
- Middle East
- Far East Asia