The University of Montpellier is a leading professional body in medicine, worldwide.
An MOU has been signed between the Multidisciplinary Society of Muscaloskeletal Pain (Korea) and the University of Montpellier (France) for the international diploma in the interventional pain medicine.
All courses are conducted in English.
Pain Management requires specific knowledge and skills,
either in acute and chronic conditions.
Several medical specialties are specifically involved in pain management such as anesthesiologists, neurologists, physiatrists, and neurosurgeons, however, their training is not tailored towards pain management and there is an increasing need for more specialized educational programs.
This program will be based on current guidelines and programs from international societies of pain medicine for pain management training.
Learn by Symposiums and workshops as follows:
– Technics (Mecanism of action, Indications, Performance, Contra indication)
– Diagnosis and management (Signs, Clinical diagnosis, Imaging, Treatment strategy, Follow up), Complications
– Follow up
Learn by clinical attendance as follows:
5 days in a designated and accredited Pain Center
a) Mandatory objectives:
– Specialized consultations in pain
– Participation in multidisciplinary meeting to evaluate files and therapeutic strategies
b) Optional objectives:
– Acute and chronic pain patients in wards
– Pain in children
– Participation in other therapies (TENS,Blocks…)
– Pain in cancer patients
– Palliative care
- Mandatory attendance to all courses of the program
- Mandatory attendance to all workshops
- Mandatory (optional) attendance for 5 days of clinical attachment in a pain clinic in one of the several designated and accredited hospitals in Korea or France
Examination & Achievement
International student :
The written examination will be conducted simultaneously in Seoul Korea during February of 2018.
The questionnaire will be sent, by internet, to the regulatory organization, KMA of MSK (Korean Multidisciplinary association of musculoskeletal pain) who will be responsible for monitoring the examination.
Sang Hoon Lee will conduct the examination in Seoul and will deliver marks and clinical files to the Committee in Montpellier France.
Successful candidates will receive the Diploma of Interventional Pain Medicine from the faculty of Medicine of the University of Montpellier, France