Airway Management Intensive Course (3rd Course)
Save the date: Next June 2019 (to be announced)
Airway Management is a critical skill in Anesthesia and at the Emergency Department. It was the second cause of mortality in anesthesia in the year 1996 in France and 600 deaths in UK in 1990. 15 to 30 percent of the predictable difficult intubation was not identified.
In 2006 in one year survey of the mortality morbidity in France 6 patients died from preventable accident due to airway
For the first time in Vietnam, there is a course designed to provide for the participants with the state of the art information and hands on experience to ensure effective and appropriate management of difficult and failed airways.
The scope of the course will cover and not limited to lectures, profound practice with wworkshop, stimulation training and observation, the course will also present the most updated guidlines from the recoginzed organizations all over the world:
- SFAR 2017,
- Difficult Airway society 2015,
- ASA 2013.
Airway Management Course is being organized by VinMec Healthcare System with the support of the University of Bordeaux, France and an Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore.
Our Faculty Members:
- Pr Karine Nouette Gaulain, MD PhD, University of Bordeaux – France
- Dr Zinbin Zhang, MD, University of Singapore
- Dr Lam Phung, MD, Director of Education and Research VinMec Healthcare system Hanoi Vietnam
- Dr Viet Vu, MD, Anesthesiologist, Head of Anaesthesia Department VinMec International Hospital Hanoi – Vietnam
- Dr Philippe Macaire, MD,Ph.D Director of Anesthesiology and pain VinMec Healthcare system Hanoi Vietnam
The course will be conducted bilingual. (English and Vietnamese)
Why choose us?
- With our passion about reaching the perfection in managing airway, we design the course to: CLINICAL EXCELLENCE
- Improve the existing setup and the safety in anaesthesiology, Intensive care, emergency department and in any place where there is an eventuality of airway management and to reach the perfection of 0 preventable accident
- Create an educational and post graduate training program for the healthcare providers as anaesthesiologists, Intensivists, emergency doctors, any physicians performing conscious sedation and anaesthesia nurses of VinMec Healthcare system and further to extend this program to VietNam and to the region to receive residents and fellows to benefit of this program.
- Provide lastest guidelines, hands-on practice in efficientand precisely airway management
- Learn from world-leading instructors in Anesthesiology and Pain Management
- Have chance to do hands-on practice with international standard stimulation Centre, supported by equiqments from well-known medical equipment supplier
Reach the wide range of learners so the course conducted bilingual: English and Vietnamese
What will you learn
The course will offer 2 days intensive training combine theory and hands-one practice
You will receive the whole package of documents with:
- All of algorithms
- The Bibliography
- All Policies
- Catalogues of the devices needed for the technique
- All lecturer’s slides in PDF form
And Practice with:
- Karl Storz (Video Laryngoscope – Fiber optic)
- Smith Medical (Tracheal Devices – Bougies – Tube exchanger)
- GE (US machine Anaesthesia monitor)
And extra-benefits such as:
- Limitation of attendants number: 25 participants
- Practice in live model and phantom at stimulation Centre
- Specifically designed for: Anesthesiologist, ICU doctors…
Who we are
Karine Nouette Gaulain MD PhD,
Pr Karine has more than 15 years of experience in Anesthesioly and Intensive care, she is currently the head of Anesthesiology Department Units in pediatrics, ENT and neurosurgery, vascular and urology surgery, orthopedics and emergency surgery, responsible for a team of 100 anesthesiologists.
Along her career, she has successfully done researches related to these following main topic: Pediatric Anesthesia; Regional anesthesia and Cardiovascular research. She has been published 155 Articles with 4 main articles related to airway.
– University Professor – Hospital Practitioner, University Hospital Centre of Bordeaux, Bordeaux II University, France
– Providing courses of anesthesiology to the anesthesiologist residents
Dr Zhang Jinbin
More than 10 years experience in anesthesiology, with her huge passion in airway education, to improve the skills set and knowledge of colleagues in difficult airway management. In years, she has been actively involved in teaching and research writing relating to airway management quality improvement. She has been author and co author of 10 international articles.
Airway training and teaching exposure:
- Course Instructor for Final MMED (Anaesthesiology) Exam Preparatory Course 2014. Title: Difficult Airway Management
- Instructor at the 77th MOCC Emergency Airway Course 15 February 2014.
- Course Director for the annual TTSH-KTPH Difficult Adult Airway Course
Philippe Macaire, M.D, Ph.D
More than 20 years of Experience in anesthesiology and pain management with international exposure, he has been working across countries France, United Kingdom, Dubai UAE, Thailand and Vietnam. He actively involve in projects, researches, foundation related to regional anesthesia, he also is speakers of more than 150 international conferences Europe, USA, Gulf Countries and Asia. Authors of books, published articles related to regional anesthesia and pain management, founder and co-founder of foundations for Anesthesiology.
He started training about Airway management 2011, with course as:
– Intensive course of Airway management and difficult intubation
– Intensive course of ventilation modes
and now expanding the course internationally to improve the quality for airway management.
Dr. Tuan Viet Vu
Nearly 15 years experience in anesthesiology and pain management
- Training Program for Foreigner Residents at Bichat Hospital-Paris
- Fosfom Program for international residents at Brugmann Hospital- Brusel- Belgium
Intensive Training at National Pediatrics Hospital
Dr. Shahridan Bin Mohd Fathil
Dr. Shahridan has more than 20 years of experience in Anesthesiology with his passions are ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia and point-of-care ultrasound.
He is currently the Convenor for the Special Interest Group in Regional Anaesthesia, College of Anesthesiologists and the President for the Society of Critical and Emergency Sonography.
He is a volunteer and member of Mercy Malaysia, and has volunteered in post disaster missions.
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA) in 2003
- Speaker of more nearly 100 conventions all over the world
- Senior Lecturer in the Department of Emergency Medicine, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre
VinMec International Hospital & Simulation Center
VinMec Healthcare System Times City
- Conference room (classroom setting)
- Workshops room for 10 people setting workshops x 3 rooms
- Simulation center
- Doctors: 1 M VND
- Nurses: 200.000 VND
- Doctors: 3 M VND
- Residents: 500.000 VND
- Nurses: 1,5 M VND
- Doctors: 200 USD
- Nurses: 100 USD
Please email to:
with subject [Name]_[Title]_[Airwaycourse] for registration.